Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Cooking

While cooking dinner last night, hunky thought it would be a great time to quiz me on exactly what we were having and when it would be delivered to the table. This from a man who obviously had no where to go and no where to be, judging by his pajama-clad body.

Being as I hate being quizzed about the timeliness of dinner, I answered curtly with sarcastic responses like "You don't need to know" and "who cares, as long as you get to eat?"

Yeah, I know. I'm awfully mature.

He finally decided he trusted me enough to actually cook him something AND get it on the table before he died of starvation, so he went upstairs to play on the computer while I finished cooking, in peace. When he was called down to dinner 20 minutes later, he was surprised by something new: Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms.

Sometimes I get tired of making the same things over and over again. See, since hunky's been on Atkins, I've developed a few recipes that he absolutely loves, and encourages me to make over and over again. And while I also love many of those same recipes, it just gets tiring to eat off the same menu week after week. So, I like to change it up a bit.

Hunky was quite pleased with the result and so was I. The recipe is definitely a keeper. And here it is for all to see:

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

Portobello Mushrooms (either two very large ones, or a bunch of the "smaller" ones)
Mozzerella Cheese
Sherry
Garlic
Pepper
Pesto
Butter

Saute mushrooms in a mixture of butter, sherry, pepper & garlic. Turn on broiler. When mushrooms are sufficiently sauteed, place them on a baking sheet, and fill with cheese. Top with pesto sauce, broil until cheese is melted.

Voila! Serve with a side or two (I served with "mock" mashed potatoes). Simple, easy, quick AND MOST IMPORTANTLY delicious.

Don't you wish you were at my house for dinner last night?

No comments: