Sunday, April 19, 2009

Meditation Makes Me Horny

Apparently this is true. How did I discover this? In a very public setting known as the Church of the Inner Light.

See, one of my Black Hatters called me this morning to chit chat about a group issue (or non-issue in my mind). Then we got to talking about other things, and she told me that she was going to the Sunday meditation held at the Church of the Inner Light (also known as The Mystic Rose or Reno Psychic Institute). She said "You might be interested...Walter might be there."

Well, that's all she had to say. Next thing I know, I was dressed and ready to go.

Interestingly enough, she and I pulled into the parking lot just about the same time. We got out, ventured in together, and sat down. No Walter. Oh well.

Pretty soon Ed began guiding those few of us who showed up (turns out it is freakin' Earth Day, so most of the regulars were at the ED celebration) in meditation. He began with what I believe was probably the basic grounding and centering stuff. Fine.

After about 15-20 minutes of that, he told us that today we would focus on releasing our fear. Then he guided us in an exercise to facilitate losing our fear. When we were working on our first chakra, all of a sudden I felt this lurch in my loins. Huh? I tried to ignore it.

We went on to different chakras, but many times we kept returning to the first (base) chakra, and every time we did, I got hotter and hotter and...whew. I almost couldn't stand it. Finally the meditation ended. I almost whispered a sigh of relief.

Ed went around the room and asked each one of us what we "recognized" happening in our bodies. I was the second one up: I certainly couldn't say that releasing my fears suddenly made me horny. Or could I? Nope. I couldn't. Instead, I volunteered some different information, and we went on our merry way.

Then he got to the last person, who was the only guy in the audience. The guy said that he felt "a fire" in his base chakra. Ed said something about that being the kundalini, blah, blah, blah. And, suddenly it hit me. I wondered if this guy's "fire" was similar to mine?

And nope I didn't ask him. I prefered to keep my fire a secret from Ed and the rest of the class.

Afterward, my friend and I went out for coffee, and sitting and talking in the sun seemed to cool down the fire. Thank goodness - I wouldn't have wanted to ambush the barista just because my chakra had been awakened!

No comments: