Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Booty Call

I have a smashing new dress that some was probably made in some third world country, because it only cost $6 at Ross. Still. Six dollars. Score!

The thing is, this dress is perfect with a pair of black wedge heels that I have. But, when I went to put on the dress to wear to tonight's girls night out, the dress spoke to me. At least, I think it was the dress. It said "Do not wear me with shoes. Wear me with boots."

"But it's spring! The sun is out! Boots are hot!" I muttered out loud.

"You're damn right boots are hot. That's why you're wearing them with me instead of those wedge heels."

"Dammit dress," I said. "Hot as it temperature, not hot as in looks."

"Haven't you ever heard that a woman must suffer for fashion? Quit your whining and put on the damn boots, girl!"

And then, the dress began to hit me over and over again with the paisley ties attached at its side. "Okay, okay! I give up! I'll wear the boots."

It looks like the dress won. I'm wearing the boots. I just hope it's worth it.

No comments: