Saturday, April 04, 2009

The Decider

I've decided to drop Sport. See, we went out on one very wonderful date. He asked if he could see me again the following Sunday. I said yes. He followed up with me via email. I asked what time? He said "I don't know - I'm not a planner. I'll just play Sunday by ear, and call you when I'm ready to go out."

Um, huh?

Well, Sunday arrived and as the day wore on, I didn't hear from Sport. So, when my girlfriend called and asked me to go geocaching with her, I said yes. When I got home, there was a message from Sport. I didn't call back - it was late, I was tired, and the day was over.

Since then, he has called a few times. The last time he called, I thanked him for calling and told him it was good to hear from him. He said "I wanted to make sure I stayed on your radar."

Okay, this is good, right? Wrong. He still hasn't asked me out for a second date, but seems quite content to keep me as his phone and email buddy.

Homey don't play that.

So, today I am The Decider. I have decided this is enough. My friends and family are also my email and phone buddies. I don't need to add someone to that list whom it looks like I'm never going to see again.

What's that saying? "Ya snooze, ya lose." It's been three weeks since our date, so I'd say nap time is over, and so is the game.

No comments: