Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Radar Love

The other night, I received a call from Sport. We talked for a bit about, well, nothing in particular. Cats. The psychic fair. Food. (We seem to talk about food a lot!) Before we hung up, I thanked him for calling. He said, "No problem; I wanted to be sure I was still on your radar." I assured him he was still on my radar, and hung up.

But you know, I started thinking about his comment. Of course I thought about it - I'm a girl, and that's what we do. We think. We analyze. We think again about the words, the tone. We analyze the nuance. Blah, blah, blah, I'm so sick of it.

But still - I did think about it, and realized it was an odd thing to say. Because, well, since our date (which he prolonged and wanted it to last longer), he hasn't asked me out again. And he's had three days off since then. So, I dunno - he wants to stay on my radar, but doesn't ask me out. What is that all about?

Well, I have no idea. I don't pretend to know what goes on in the brains of men. I do know I want to stay on his radar - but more than that, I want a second date!

No comments: