Monday, March 23, 2009

Walter

Many moons ago, I met a guy named Walter at PPD. He was manning a booth, and I was looking at some of the cool items at the booth. He struck up a conversation with me, and soon he introduced himself. "I'm Walter," he said simply and held out his hand. I shook it, introduced myself, and we started talking more intensely about some of the items in the booth.

My girlfriend came up to the booth to grab me, but later told me that she backed away because she felt that Walter and I had a connection. Well, nothing really ever came of that connection. He asked me to come by the Mystic Rose for a healing, but they're on Tuesday nights, and I teach on Tuesday nights. I never made it there.

About a month after meeting him, I saw him at the psychic fair. I finally got up my nerve to go up to him and say "Hi," but just as I was headed towards him, a blond woman sidled up to him and put her arm around him. I couldn't figure out if they were just friends, and she was giving him a short hug hello, or if they were more than friends. Needless to say, I didn't end up going up to him to say "Hi."

I do think about Walter now and again. And, on the rare Tuesday when I don't teach, my girlfriends egg me on to go to the school to get a free healing. "Walter might be there," they say. Then again, he might not. And I guess I just haven't been brave enough to follow through.

Every time I think of Walter, though, my heart lurches inside my chest cavity. Man, he is a looker. And friendly. And... well, I have been thinking of him again recently, and I think I conjured him up out of nowhere.

I was leaving Trader Joe's today, and just happened to be smiling, thinking about - well, I can't even remember what I was thinking about. I just felt kind of happy today, and it showed. So, there I was, walking towards my car, smiling like a fool, and who do I almost bump right into but Walter. He saw me smiling, and smiled back. I said "Hi,' and he grinned.

And that was it.

He went into Trader Joe's and I went to my car, and I thought "Whoa, wait - should I have done something more?" Like what, throw myself at him?

Anyway, unfortunately tomorrow is a teaching night, so I won't be going to the Institute for a healing. But, I did volunteer four hours of time to the psychic fair this weekend, and guess what? There is a meeting tomorrow at the school in the afternoon. So maybe, just maybe, I'll see Walter.

And if I don't? I'll just dream about him like I always do - the elusive "It" guy I might not ever see again!

No comments: