Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Sport of Dating

I "met" a guy online earlier this week, and we've been emailing each other fast and furiously. I've been told I give good email - he does as well, so it's been a lot of fun. It turns out that he is a sports writer and works for the local rag.

Today he called, and while I normally hate those first calls I found this one to be a lot of fun. We talked, laughed, talked, laughed and then made plans to meet tomorrow night after class.

In some ways, I feel like I'm cheating on G., even though he states he doesn't want to get serious. Still, we see each other pretty regularly and so going out with someone new feels kind of wrong.

But, strangely, it also feels kind of right.

I can't wait to meet Sport tomorrow night and see if we have chemistry in real life as well as through the written and spoken word. Will it be a home run or a foul ball? Only time will tell.

No comments: