Saturday, March 14, 2009

He Called

I know, I know - I'm a little too old to for a phone call to make me giddy. Still... this afternoon I received a phone call that left me smiling.

See, Mr. Wonderful is in California. He's visiting a friend and seeing some sites. I didn't expect to hear from him until he returned - after all, he doesn't want to get "serious." And, this is still a very new relationship, so it's not really time to expect "I'm missing you" calls.

However, he called this afternoon and left me a message stating that he was standing in front of the oddest site: a plastic surgeon's office in a strip mall. He said only in California would a plastic surgeon set up in a strip mall.

I called him back, and asked him if his message was a subtle way to inform me that he was planning on getting some work done. He laughed and said no. I love that he thinks I'm funny. After ten years of being told how funny I wasn't, this is a nice change.

Our conversation was brief, but long enough for him to let me know he'd be back in town tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to his return - although I'm still not quite ready to admit to anyone that I actually missed him.

It's much too soon for that, doncha think?

No comments: