Thursday, April 20, 2006

Easter Egg Hunt

So, I promised to write about Sunday. Now it's almost Friday, and the words still haven't been put into my blog.

Time to rectify that!

After our rough start on Saturday, Todd asked me if he could take me out on Sunday to celebrate Easter. I said sure, I'd like that. We decided to go to Sterling's for champagne brunch, always a favorite with the both of us.

Sunday morning, I went over to the house to meet Todd. He was dressed and ready to go. I took this as a good sign.

We went to the Silver Legacy, and as always, Todd had excellent parking luck. The place was busy, but Todd managed to find a spot not too far from the elevators in the parking garage. When we got to Sterling's, though, it looked as if our luck might have run out.

There was a long line of people waiting to get in. Todd went up to the host desk, and asked how long the wait was for non-smoking seating. The woman was a tad unsure, but she said probably about 20-30 minutes. Todd asked me if that was okay, and I said yes. After all, everywhere else would be equally busy, and Sterling's is definitely worth the wait.

After leaving our name with the hostess, we walked towards the end of the line. We barely reached the end when a host came over to us and said if we would follow him, he could seat us right away. He led us to a table near the smoking section, sat us down, and promised us he'd move us to a booth further away from the smoking section as soon as one became available.

We sat down, thanked the host profusely, and as soon as he was out of hearing range, we broke into giggles. Todd said "I must look like somebody!" We looked behind us at the line, which had only grown larger in the few minutes it took for the seating process to take place. How we got ahead of all those people, we'll never know. But it was like finding the golden egg; we took it, and ran with it.

Brunch, as usual, was excellent. We had filet mignon, Asian beef, eggs Benedict, a pig's worth of bacon, champagne, salad, salami, cheese, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, grilled vegetables and enough coffee to fuel a whole dorm during finals. And, even though Dr. Atkins would probably shoot me if he knew, I indulged in the most sinful chocolate layer cake I've had in years.

Besides good food, Sunday's outing was not stress-filled as Saturday's was. We had an excellent time together, which carried over into the rest of the day.

Days like Sunday make me believe that we will work things out. Days like Saturday, though, fill me with questions.

I definitely want more Sundays and less Saturdays in my life.

No comments: