Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Simply Ridiculous

While drinking my morning coffee, I thought it would be a good idea to watch the news. I hadn't watched in awhile, and figured it was time I caught up with what's going on in the world.

Five minutes into watching GMA, I was reminded at why I often choose not to watch the mainstream news: stupidness reigns.

GMA reported that pediatricians are pushing for ratings of "R" for any movie depicting any character smoking. No matter how small the part, if someone is smoking, guess what? The movie should get an "R" rating according to these clowns.

I say "WTF?" Why aren't they working on alcohol or drugs? No, apparently smoking is the biggest evil in the world today, and must not be shown in movies. However, let someone curse their head off while smoking their fattie, and that's okay. And a kid who went to a party and downed a few beers, then got into a car, all under the disguise of a teen movie? Why, that's just fine too.

I honestly do not understand this kind of muddy thinking. One would hope that pediatricians were smart, however this latest news proves otherwise. Or maybe it just proves they have no common sense. Whatever the case, I'm glad I don't have children, because I simply would not know who to bring them to for treatment, should they get sick from all of my secondhand smoke.

Maybe a veterinarian would be a good choice...

No comments: