Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Oh My Aching Back

Ever since the day I took Schmutzy to the vet three weeks ago (the day that I fought valiantly to get him into the pet carrier), my back has been hurting. I finally decided it was time to do something about it besides complain, so I went to see a chiropractor yesterday.

First, let me say I really like her. That's right. "Her." I looked for a woman chiropractor, and found that there is only one approved by my health insurance plan. Nothing against male doctors, but I much prefer to deal with females, especially if they're going to see bits and pieces of me that hunky doesn't even get to see often.

Unfortunately, though, the appointment pretty much took all day. I was at the chiropractic office for over two hours, and then I had to go to Washoe for x-rays, which took another two hours. In between, I visited the new metaphysical store, Avalon's Gate, to buy a cauldron. (More on that later, perhaps...)

At 2:00 p.m., when I still hadn't been called in for my x-rays, I called Chris to let her know I wouldn't be back in. She said she assumed that was the case. I honestly felt bad. I knew she was alone with Dennis, and I felt she could've used the help.

After all was said and done, my back felt better, for the first time in weeks. Last night, though, the throbbing came back. I have another appointment on Thursday, and this one will probably be more intense, as the chiropractor didn't want to do too much adjusting yesterday before the x-rays were in.

Hopefully I'll finally get this back pain under control. I've lived with it for so long, it seems normal, even though, of course, it isn't.

No comments: