Monday, July 24, 2006

A Very Brady Weekend

TVLand had a Brady Bunch marathon this weekend, and while I most certainly didn't watch the whole thing, I will admit to getting my fill of the Brady kids this weekend.

See, hunky was away so I took the opportunity to watch the Brady Bunch marathon pack up his books - you know, the books that were in the main entranceway, on the stairs and by the bed. This way, when the deliverymen arrive tomorrow with our brand new Tempur-Pedic pillow top bed, they'll actually be able to get through the front door, up the stairs, and into our bedroom to set it up.

While I was doing all of this, I had the Brady Bunch marathon tuned in on both the downstairs and upstairs TV, so that no matter where I was, whether downstairs packing boxes or upstairs making room for those boxes in his office, I was able to hear what the Brady Kids were up to.

After all that moving, a girl's just gotta rest, so last night at 10 p.m., I finally stopped moving boxes, got into my nightgown, and settled down for a Very Brady Reunion. Let me tell you, Maureen McCormick and Florence Henderson are STILL hot. Seeing them on the tube still smokin' after all these years made me want to go to the gym tonight to work out. (Not saying I will go to the gym; just saying I want to go to the gym. Wanting and going are two very different things...)

I'm still disappointed that Christopher Knight was stupid enough to marry Adrienne Curry. Didn't he learn anything from Mike Brady about love?

Oh well...it doesn't matter if he's stupid, I guess. As long as he says "Pork chops and applesauce, that sounds swell," I'll forgive him anything.

No comments: