Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Just Because

When I got home last night, everything seemed fine between Todd and me. Sure, he had a sucky day (dogs broke down the fence, air conditioning contractors were in and out of the house, fence contractors didn't show up for appointments, etc., etc., etc.), yet we were able to sit down and have a nice dinner together, drama free.

Until he went to the store.

Now, yes, Todd invited me to go to the store. But after a long day of work and then a workout, I just didn't really feel like it. So, I opted out. I got spammed anyway, though, when he got home.

See, while he was away at the store, he decided he was mad at me. For what, I'm not entirely clear. I know it had something to do with the fact that when "asked" (and I use that term sarcastically) to take the dogs to daycare, I countered back by saying I had really wanted to work out in the morning, since we needed to pick up his dad after work, and then I needed to go straight to class. In other words, I didn't really have the time to do it.

There might have been other things he decided he was mad about... I don't know, because when he came home, he pretty much gave me the silent treatment.

Before I knew it, he was asleep. In the bedroom. Without having said good night. Now, if I had done the SAME THING, I would have been vilified. "Do what I say, not what I do."

This morning wasn't any better. Todd only said one thing to me, and actually, he didn't say it at all. He yelled it. "Honey, did you break the spigot out front?"

Oh yeah. Sure I did. I broke it and tried to hide it from you.

Of course I didn't! If I had, I would've mentioned it to him, and scrambled to try to fix it.

It's times like this I think we're doomed as a couple. It doesn't matter how many things I do right anymore. It's never enough.

No comments: