Wednesday, May 17, 2006

This and That

I've received lots of emails and snail mail from people who have been concerned about me. I have some very good friends; thank you all.

I haven't written much about what's going on as there isn't really anything new to say. Todd & I are still going to couples' counseling. We still bicker. He's still unsure as to whether or not he wants to be with me. I'm still fragile inside. And the beat goes on...

Two weeks ago, I spent a few days in the Bay Area because my dad underwent cataract surgery. He needed me to take him to the hospital, pick him up, and take him to his follow-up appointment the next day.

My dad is 70. He looks great; not a day over 69. But, this is the first time his age really hit me hard. What if something went wrong while he was under? What if he had a bad reaction to the medication? All those thoughts and their brothers just ran around my head. I was worried, but I didn't want to let on that I was worried.

The worry was all for naught. My dad recovered quickly from surgery; he was alert 10 minutes after it was over with. He also had no pain whatsoever. The only drawback is that Kaiser wouldn't change his prescription, as his eye might adjust a bit still, so it's easier for him to go without glasses than to wear his wonky prescription. That makes my mom nervous to no end, especially when he's behind the wheel (although I understand he has cut down on his driving jaunts).

This past weekend, I again went to the Bay Area to help my mom celebrate Mother's Day. It was a really great visit... short, though, as I wasn't able to leave until early (5 am) Saturday morning, and had to come back mid-day on Sunday. Maybe that's the key to family harmony: short visits.

I also started a new class: Runes. My Risting instructor is teaching it. I just love him to pieces. He's an excellent and learned instructor, and so passionate about magickal things.

Last but not least, the cottage... I'm still not sure what to do about it. I really should contact a realtor. At the very least, a realtor might be able to hook me up with a contractor that will really get the work done. That way, the cottage will be sellable.

Of course, there's always that "will we or won't we stay together" thing that makes me wonder if getting rid of the cottage is a wise move at this particular point in my life... but thinking about it just makes my head hurt.

No comments: