Monday, May 08, 2006

Big Mama's Thighs

It was bound to happen. After all, I am a woman of a certain age. However, I was hoping it wouldn't... and yet, here it is, right on my thighs for everyone to see.

What is it? Weight. Flabby, unwanted, cellulite-ridden weight.

I worked hard to get it off, and it's back. I haven't been cheating. I haven't strayed off the Atkins' path. And yet, here it is. Back again.

I am so disheartened about this. I keep my carb level down. I exercise. And still the pounds have managed to creep onto my thighs and buttocks.

So, as a last ditch effort to excise the poundage, I started induction. Again.

I had hoped I'd never see the likes of "20 carbs a day, no coffee" again. Yet, here I am on my first day, counting carbs and listening to my stomach growl like a fiend.

I suppose it'll all be worth it if it works. And if it doesn't, I'll take a knife and excise the fat myself.

No comments: