Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Secret

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone. I applied for a new job today.

It's not even that I am really interested in a new job. It's just... well, it was there. And it looked promising. And it had a real title (Editorial Assistant). And it's for a real company, so maybe there are medical AND dental benefits, sick time, and vacation/holidays. Of course, they might not give me Fridays off.

Could I live with that?

The posting asked for applicants to send in their salary requirements. I hate that. I danced around it (and I'm sure they know I was dancing) by stating that I wasn't married to any particular number with regards to salary, depending on what benefits were offered.

So, I applied. And if I don't hear back, well, I won't be too terribly disappointed. After all, I do like my Fridays off.

No comments: