Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Pammy The Percolator

"Hey, PJ. Today is free coffee day at Starbucks."

"Wha--?" I had been sleeping at my desk when Michelle told me this. Needless to say, her information perked me right up. "Details, baby. I need details!"

Michelle then informed me that from 10-12, the local Starbucks would be giving out free Talls to customers. "Wanna go with me at 10?" "Nah, I don't drink coffee."

So, at 10:15 am, I left the office and trotted down to my local Starbucks. I expected a huge line (Dennis held me up on my way out, hence my lateness), but nope... no real line to speak of. I was third, and there were only two people behind me. I saw some people paying, though, so I wondered if Michelle had told me the truth. I began to worry, because I had absolutely no moolah rouge on me.

"Hi! What can I get for you today?" The barista interrupted my mindless wanderings.

"I heard a rumor that you guys are giving away free Talls... tell me it's true."

"It's true. What would you like?"

"A Tall decaf please!"

Toot sweet, I had a Tall decaf in my aged hands.

"Thank you," I gushed (and yes, I did gush. It wasn't pretty!).

I went back to my office, a much happier (and more awake) employee than I was when I got in this morning.

Thank God for Starbucks and co-workers who spread the good word.

No comments: