Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fat Fast - The End?

I did it. I really did it. I can't believe I did it - but I did. Three days of Fat Fast. I am so impressed with myself for sticking with it.

But... it was kind of all in vain. Why? Because the day after the Fat Fast ended, I got sick.

So, instead of going directly from Fat Fast to Induction to really kick that weight loss action into gear, I wasn't able to. My body simply could not look another protein in the eye.

I don't know about you, but when I'm sick my body does not want any protein. What it wants is oatmeal. And crackers. And split pea soup.

Luckily, I wasn't really hungry when I was sick - but when I was hungry, I had lots of carby goodness. It's been a week, and I'm just now getting my appetite back.

I did lose a pound - but I should have lost more. And I probably would have lost more, if I stayed away from the oats and grains and split pea soup.

Do I consider the Fat Fast a success? Yes and no. Yes, I did lose some weight - but is one pound really worth the sacrifice of a Fat Fast? My answer: probably not.

However, I can't really judge this Fat Fast fairly, as had I not gotten sick, this would be my first week back on Induction, and I may have lost more had I kept the momentum going.

I will wait a month to try this again. I think my body should recover completely from this cold or flu before I abuse it again. Because whether or not you agree, a Fat Fast is hard on the body - or maybe more on the psyche.

I read the blogs before I did it - people who've tried it claimed they were satisfied on the Fat Fast. Don't believe it - it's not satisfying. And at the end of the day I found myself counting the hours until I could eat again. I woke up hungry every single morning I was on it.

I will, however, try it one more time so I can do it correctly - without illness and cold medicine and carbs getting in the way. Should I happen to gain the weight back after that, I won't bother trying it again. After all, I'm not a spring chicken. Maybe I'll never be 127 and a size 8 again. Maybe I'm not supposed to be. So perhaps I just need to make peace with it and stop trying to get my body back to the way it used to be and embrace what it is now.

After all, it ain't that bad for an old lady!

No comments: