Friday, September 10, 2010

Minute by Minute

This is my horoscope for today: Tick tock. Tick tock. Is this what your day feels like? It probably will definitely feel like time is crawling today. As you experience minutes feeling like hours think about what you are doing. There is in fact nothing so compelling as to keep you from indulging in a little recreation, PJammy. Your tasks will still be there tomorrow - for now, cut yourself some slack. It has to be better than this!

As I type this, it is 8:21 a.m. In less than 12 hours, I'll be with Les. But... this day is already going by so slowly. There is no work in the queue. No emails to answer. Nothing at all is going on. Just the tick, tick, tick of the clock taunting me with its slowness.

It's odd to think we've only known each other for just less than two weeks. We talk almost every day on the phone. Email often. We have shared so much, and yet still have much to share.

My mind races forward and jumps ahead. Will I miss him when he's away next week? Will we be together come October? November? December?

When I catch myself doing this, I reel myself back in. "This is only going to be our fourth date," I tell myself. "Stop it!"

And I do stop. For a while, anyway.

Tick, tock. Tick, tock. Tick... can we at least fast forward to tonight?

No comments: