Thursday, November 30, 2006

Put Off

"Hi honey. Hey, did you take care of your car today?"

"No." Irritation shows in his voice. "I didn't get up until late."

"What do you mean? I talked to you at noon!"

"Whatever," and then he goes back to playing Lego Star Wars on ;his PlayStation2.

The night before Thanksgiving, I received a call from Todd. His car wouldn't start. He wasn't far from home, and was at the vet's office. He asked me to bring his AAA card so he could get a jump.

I knew it was more serious than a jump.

As expected on the busiest American travel holiday of the year, AAA couldn't send anyone out for over an hour. So, I took Todd and Benny home, and he said he'd take care of it on Friday.

It's been over a week, and his car is still parked at Baring Animal Hospital (or at least we hope it is).

Every day, he has forced (okay, that's an exaggeration...how about "strongly encouraged"?) me to take my other car to work, so he could have a car at home, on the premise that he needs it in order to take care of his car. For a week, I've driven my Vibe to work, and every night when I come home it's the same story: "I haven't taken care of my car because I didn't have the time."

And why do you think he hasn't had the time? I don't know. Ask PlayStation2. Or Splinter Cell. Or God of War. Even the newbie Lego Star Wars knows more about what he does in a day than my Honda does.

Oh well...never do today what can be put off until tomorrow. Right?

No comments: