Monday, October 03, 2005

Wicked Witch Of The West


During my brief time (yeah, who am I kidding? My time here hasn't been so brief, but a girl can pretend, can't she?) on planet Earth, I've engaged in one long spiritual quest. My latest focus has been on Wicca. However, after almost a year of classes I've come to the conclusion that Wicca is much too complicated for it to be a comfortable path for me to follow.

Religion/spirituality should not be difficult. Wicca is. At least, I find it difficult, and since it's my life, that's all that really matters. From knowing which gods and goddesses to petition, to writing spells, to insuring said spell is done under the correct moon phase, to ritual gear, Wicca is complicated. And, not to be repetitive although it will be, religion just shouldn't be so hard.

And I think that's why I almost always come right back to Christianity.

That's right. I said it. Christianity.

And that's another topic altogether, because of course there are so many types of Christians out there that Christianity has received a bad rap over the years, as the "bad" Christians have risen to the top.

So, Christianity aside, I have learned some things while studying Wicca that I can easily incorporate into my spiritual practices. Candle magick (the "k" is intentional). Divination. Herbology. In other words, I've decided to become a Christian Witch.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Some people have been calling me a "witch" for years. But they haven't meant the magical kind of witch. And the magical kind is the one I am aspiring to be.

Now staunch Christians tell me "You can't be a witch. It's evil." And to them I say "phooey." They're just talking out of their puckered anuses. In fact, many aspects of witchery go hand-in-hand with Christianity. But, since they're talkin' out of their butts, anyway, what do they know?

As for Wicca, my plan is to continue classes. After all, they're fun. And I'm the kind of girl who needs a lot more fun in her life.

No comments: