Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The Day That Wouldn't End

I have NO IDEA what the deal was today - it was not a bad day, not in the least. I got up on time. I had plenty of time for my morning coffee. There were no accidents in my way on the drive to work.

There was a lot of work in the queue, but not "too" much - not enough to overwhelm. I didn't get interrupted or bothered. The Manipulator didn't hang out at my desk. My cube mate was out today, so I didn't have to listen to the crunching and sucking of sunflower seeds.

So why was it such an awful day?

I have no idea... sometimes I think it's just something in the air. All I wanted to do was go home. The afternoon dragged on... and every time I looked at the clock, it didn't seem like I was any closer to quitting time than I was the last time I looked at the clock.

I couldn't believe it when the clock finally rang 4 p.m. I got my keys, and almost ran out the door.

I had one errand to run, and I was not going to do it. I just wanted to go home. But the errand was dropping something off at the lab, and as I didn't want to hold up my results any longer than necessary, I went there... grudgingly. It was way out of my way.

Dropped off the sample, and came home. Home sweet home. Opened up a bottle of wine, sat down, and played fifteen hundred games of solitaire.

Now I'm starting to finally feel more like myself. Two more days until Friday. I think I can hang...

No comments: