Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Woof

I want a dog. Or rather, wanted. Well… I still want one. Kind of. But now my home is overrun with animals – okay cats – and so it probably isn’t the best time to get a dog.

The lady who wanted to rehome her Scottie fell off my radar. She always had some excuse as to why I couldn’t meet him – and so I’d give up, and then she’d contact me. “Still interested?” “Hells yeah!” And we’d start the process all over again and it would always end the same way: I would not get to meet the dog.

While I was waiting for her to squeeze me into her busy schedule, I decided to visit other dogs. There are plenty of them available. I visited adoption sites and the Humane Society. I sat with dogs, talked to dogs, and played with dogs. Still… I didn’t find one who seemed to like me as much as Buster did.

And in case you didn’t catch it, Buster is a cat – my new cat.

Apparently I’m not as patient as I like to think I am, because after about a month, I decided to give in and adopt Buster instead of holding out for a dog. According to my other two cats, that was a mistake. They might be right… but I won’t admit it to them.

I still yearn for a dog, so I’m going to have to go back to my original plan which was this: get myself a boyfriend who has a dog. Or two. Think that will work?

No comments: