Sunday, May 31, 2020

The Sunday Seven

1) Yesterday an allegedly peaceful protest turned into a riot right here in Reno. 

2) Only 23 arrests were made, despite the number of break-ins, graffiti markings, car fires and other misc. crappy law-breaking activities.

3)  The chaos resulted in curfews for last night and tonight.

4) On the bright side, this has been my most social week since the lockdown. 

5) Visited with my friend Cindy today - she gave me plants, and we chatted for four hours while social distancing on her patio.

6) I planted the plants she gave me just a few minutes ago. After finishing up, went inside, washed my hands and looked outside to see it was pouring rain - in other words, I escaped the inevitable melting that would have occurred had I gotten wet. 

7) With a curfew in place, it seems an appropriate time to sit down and watch a few hours of TV without anyone to interrupt me but Schmutzy.

No comments: