1) I did not exist at work this week. I arrived on Monday to discover that I had been obliterated from the system during weekend computer maintenance and upgrades. As I couldn't even log on to my computer, I went home for the rest of the day.
2) If you thought an unexpected day off was fun, you'd be wrong. Apria was supposed to come by to pick up my dad's oxygen tanks on Monday, so since I was home from work, he left to go to the Bay Area while I stayed at home waiting for Apria. Several calls and hours later, they still hadn't come. At 9 p.m. I was told "Guess what? We're not coming after all!"
I'm glad my dad decided to go home - otherwise he never would have gotten there!
3) The system doesn't like me. This really shouldn't be news - especially as Mercury is in Retrograde. By Wednesday, everyone else's access had been restored (four of us had been affected), but mine. I could not even get to the bathroom without an escort. It was a pain in the ass, to say the least.
4) Good wine helps with coping skills. For my birthday, a friend gave me two bottles of wine. One I obliterated months ago, but another - one I had been wanting to try for a long time - was saved for "a special occasion." I decided that instead of waiting for a special occasion, I could use it to drown my sorrows, so I opened that baby up on Wednesday (or Tuesday?).
I'm glad I finally opened it - it was one of the best wines I've tried this year!
5) It's Friday, and all is good with the world. Well, okay, I don't know if everything is good with the world, but my building access was finally restored this afternoon, I seem to have most of my program permissions back, and the week is almost over. Mercury in Retrograde doesn't end until next Friday, though... but I'm hoping that this was the worst of it for me.