Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Brand Spankin' New

After using the same computer for almost 9 years, I decided it was time for a new one. Actually, it was time for a new one last year, but I kept putting it off until I had more money.

I never had more money.

So, the other day when hunky and I were at Best Buy, we took a look at the computers (as we always do). Only, on this particular day, Best Buy had quite a few great package deals. I was attracted the the eMachine packages, which came with a monitor and printer. I knew the prices were good, however I didn't want a computer with Vista. So I did what any other red blooded American woman would do: I shopped some more.

I looked everywhere I could think of, and I found no deal that matched the deal at Best Buy. Even the few XP machines I found were inferior (smaller amounts of memory, no packages available, etc.). When I realized there wasn't a better deal to be had anywhere, I dragged hunky back out of the house, and we went back to Best Buy.

Within minutes, I was the proud owner of a the mid-sized eMachines package. Well, a modified package...I did opt to upgrade to a flat paneled monitor, which I am now officially in love with.

The whole package was only $424...plus $70 for the upgrade.

I'm not wowed by Vista, though. In fact, there are things about it I kind of hate, like the fact it's a memory hog. If I had known that, I would've gone with the more expensive package, which came with a dual core processor. But I didn't know it, and hunky swears if I buy it, he'll add more RAM to the system for me.

I have to say, though, that despite Vista, I do like my new computer. A lot. I can watch things like YouTube videos and listen to the Adam Corolla show...things I wasn't able to do with my other computer. Plus, this monitor is so easy on my eyes!

I don't often spend big bucks on myself, because I don't trust that I'll make the right decision. This time, though, I'm pretty sure I did.

And it feels almost as good as a spanking.

No comments: